A hair straightener is an invention that is difficult to overestimate. He is a weapon of the female army in the everyday struggle for perfectly straight hair that shines with a healthy shine, pick a portable flat iron. It just so happened that in a goldilocks/dark-haired / fiery red-haired seductress, several characters coexist, so lovely ladies so often love to change something in themselves. Passion, like they love to experiment.
Before deciding which good iron to buy, you need to have minimal but useful information. In the process of reading the article, you will already begin to understand what exactly you want to purchase. But the most important thing is what is perfect for your hair type. So, we proceed to the answers to the question: how to choose a curling iron ?!
Plate material: what, what are our…
The first thing we pay attention to is what material was used for the plates. They are the ones who influence the hair structure and they are responsible for the “burnt” ends and not only. It is required to find out which iron does not spoil the hair or has minimal and reparable damage. Plate material is the most important factor:
1. Metal is a budget and hair-less option. Although models with metal plates are the most affordable, they adversely affect every hair. Heating is not the same throughout the entire web (therefore, some areas dry out) and cools down for a long time. It will definitely not be useful for every day, and it is better not to use it in principle.
2. Ceramics is also not expensive, but already much more hair-friendly material for plates. Take a closer look at the Gorenje HS110PR rectifier model. The gentle effect, uniform heating, maintenance of optimal temperature, soft glide, and gloss. But even in this case, there was a drawback – cosmetic products often stick to such plates. After each use, wipe the cloths with a damp cloth.
3. Titanium is very fragile, but it heats up to high rates. Most often used by professionals. There is a danger of scalding curls if you do not have sufficient skills and speed.
4. Teflon – “indifferent” to styling products, but gliding through the hair is not the best. Suitable for soft and thinning hair. But the coating is short-lived and wears off quickly.
5. Tourmaline – the material allows you to use any means for styling and not be afraid of slipping. Negative ions are generated when heated, so the hair scales close and retains moisture. Quite expensive models. But the SUPRA HSS-1220 option is quite affordable in terms of price (tourmaline + ceramic material).
6. Marble – paired with ceramics, you can achieve a “wah effect”: cooling after exposure to high temperatures. For curls – the negative impact tends to zero.
7. Jadeite – models can be applied even on damp hair. The semi-precious mineral gives shine and glides perfectly over the curls.
8. Silver – hair not only does not suffer, but also heals. Suitable for young ladies with very dry, brittle hair or owners of naturally loose and dry hair.
9. Tungsten is one of the most expensive materials. The plates heat up instantly and evenly. Even without the use of additional products, the hairstyle will last up to several days. Ideal for those who do not want to spend every morning on styling and pouring liters of cosmetics on their hair.
What is the conclusion?
You have to wonder what plate material to choose so as not to ruin your hair! And here the economical option, presumably, will mean the death of the hair. Or rather, their dryness, brittleness and loss of vitality. Therefore, it is better to buy a decent iron once than to spend money on hair restoration products later. We advise you not to spend money on a straightener with metal plates, and Teflon is not a favorite. In terms of price and less detrimental effect on hair, ceramics is the leader.